Monday 10 May 2010

Homemade clothes can be stylish!

 
Cute Top...Simplicity 2939

To be honest, I have to tell you that I know next to nothing about fashion and I've never paid enough attention to how I dress. From the time I was a little girl, my mother can assure you, that it was a hopeless cause. I wanted to climb trees, crochet, sing songs, draw, write poems...etc. But it never occurred to me to worry what I looked like. By the time I was old enough to care, I just couldn't, for the life of me figure it out. What was "in'...what wasn't "in"?

But my daughter finally got old enough to realize that is was time for "INTERVENTION"!! "Ok..Mom...we've GOT to do something about your clothes!"   This is the fabric she helped me pick out almost two years ago and she helped me pick out a selection of patterns of what she considered 'stylish'. 

I sew for everyone but me, so it wasn't that I couldn't sew nice clothes, I just never took the time. And I was heavy too and couldn't figure out what would look flattering or even decent. (On a side note: I am on a diet...mostly just eating low carb foods in their natural state and I'm losing weight again! Hurray!. :o)  


But I'm so glad that Rebekah took the time to help me. She just seems to 'know'. My friends do too and occasionally take the time to rescue me from my bad dressing habits. At any rate, I have discovered that you can be frugal and still look 'cute' or at least as cute as this stodgy ole' mom is able to be. 

******************

 Just a quick reminder, that I'm gone to a tournament with the kdis and can't get to the internet except to check emails via my Ipod..maybe...   I'll be home Sunday evening. :o) This is a previously scheduled post. :o)








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin