Saturday 17 April 2010

Show & Tell Spring Dress at My Romantic Home



I have recently discovered a really beautiful homemaking blog called My Romantic Home which hosts a Show and Tell on Fridays. It's a big event where you can see lots of beautiful things and as part of the event I would like to post my Show and Tell item. I made this dress and helped one of my very first and youngest sewing pupils, Katie, make a dress just like it. Her mother, Beverly, wanted the girls to make matching bonnets too. They looked so sweet in these.

Beverly is on my homemaking blog roll...Frontier Farms. I'm so glad she wanted me to do this, because I think this is one of the sweetest dresses I've ever made and I learned how to use Yo-Yo's to make flowers. That set me off on a hobby that I've never quite recovered from..using Yo-Yo flowers for embellishing. You can read about it here. Yo-Yo Flower Tutorial.

If you would like some more pretty things to look at this week, check out My Romantic Home's Friday Show and Tell!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin