Tuesday 15 March 2011

Prayer..A Mother's Calling ~ Plus Handmade Pottery!


Dear Friends,

Thanks so much for dropping by today for Tuesday Tea. I hope you’ve had a lovely week and are ready for a cup of good hot tea and a chat.  If you would like to link up to our linky party, just scroll to the bottom. I’d love to see your tea cups, teas, and pretty things or if you are sharing reflections about something on your heart..that’s perfect too. 


Today, I’m showing off a few hand made cups and a pitcher from our local junior college’s pottery club. They do a sidewalk sale once a month and ..well..they got me! I was just fascinated as I ADORE all things made of clay. 

 by me :o)

My father was a sculptor and he introduced me to clay early on and I inherited some of his tools. In fact I have a big chunk waiting for me to do ‘something’ with one of these days. :o) I'm determined to learn to do this some day! I think my mother has more experience with pottery though..hint-hint Mom?


There’s just something about ‘hand-made’ bowls and cups that ‘speaks’ to me. I picked these particular cups because they were unusual..not symmetrical..or just had lovely colors.  I love texture and pattern and these colors..and just the 'feel' of stone ware. Ahhhh.. time for tea!

Anyway, on to our chat. Last week, at Raising Homemakers, I noticed they had a chat on mothers and prayer. That really got me to reflecting on the importance of praying for our children.

Cheerleading is an important role for a wife or mother… but even more critical..is our responsibility to pray!  
We must be praying for our children… 

Too often, this task is seen as a last resort. I know I have failed to pray as I should for my children at times and hubby too. 


When there is a crisis though, of course, I know not to just react..but to pray. There are so many things in our lives that we simply can’t fix..especially when our children leave home. But God can. 

Right now my thoughts and prayers are in Afghanistan…

I find mself waiting for a phone call saying all is well. If I don't hear from him regularly..of course I tend to worry.  I’m praying for safety for my son..and I'"m waiting…and trusting. I know he is in God’s hands whether he knows that or not. Thank you Secret Sister for this book .Power Prayers for Mothers. :o) It's been a big help!
 
But praying during a crisis, though important, is not pro-active enough. We need to be praying for our children’s futures, their present relationship with Christ, their current difficulties. 

We need to be praying for our husbands too. I can tell you that I really believe the economic ‘bounces’ of extra income for his company are directly related to my prayers! I also pray for peace for him as he gets stressed sometimes..and creativity for problem solving which programmers need constantly.  I pray for many things!
How much better, to pray, than to just worry, fret, panic, control, manipulate, correct (needlessly).
<< Philippians 4 >>
New American Standard Bible

6Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. 9The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
Philippians' 4:7
Then God's peace, which goes beyond anything we can imagine, will guard your thoughts and emotions through Christ Jesus.
Now how about you? What has the Lord put on your heart today? 
Do you need prayer or to be praying more?  

I saw a couple of things from our readers that especially caught my attention last week. One was a wonderful song that a reader’s Cherry Kay of Entertaining Women shared. Her daughter, who is hosting today’s tea party at her house, is helping with a fundraiser for the Crop Hunger Walk. You can read that post here.  

Cherry does the most amazing tablescapes and dinners and I really enjoyed her post True Grace.  Her daughter has a FABULOUS voice and uses it to such a noble purpose that the song truly made me cry.  You will be blessed if you listen to it.



A new friend, Amy at Tea Girl in a Coffee World, writes such lovely reflective posts. She really inspired me with her talk about how hard it is to find that 'special time' for tea with babies to care for and what tea time had meant to her as a little girl. 

Really... ALL of your tea sets, tablescapes, and reflections were so lovely last week! Thanks for joining my tea party!

I think tea time is a perfect time for rest...and prayer..and fellowship. Don't you? :o) 


If you would like to join the party, just link up here.



 Linking with...
Natasha's Sunday Song Linky Party
Raising Homemakers Homemaking Link up
Lady Katherine's Tea Time Tuesday
The Plumed Pen's  Tea for Two
Rose Chintz Tea Time Tuesday

A Delightsome Life: A Return to Loveliness
Tuesday Tea..started by Rayanne of A Lovely Thought



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin