Tuesday 5 October 2010

Sometimes Tea for Two means just Me... and the Lord


 Dear friends, It's been quite a week! I've been organizing the sewing room, installed a wonderful gift, a huge u-shaped desk that will serve for both sewing and teaching school and other desk work, and today I'm sewing as fast as I can to finish up the ministry banner I showed you last week.



This morning, it seemed that there were so many 'must do's ' that I wasn't sure where to start!  That's when I knew that I needed to start with the Lord. Who better to have tea with than him? Whether the day promises to be busy or not, that really is the best place for me to start. Without His peace, I would surely end up running around the house like a chicken with his head...Drat!--that's probably not the best idiom to use for this post. :o) But it's how I act sometimes...without the eternal perspective that I always get in my time with the Lord.



There are problems, that we all face, don't we?, that are just too big for us to handle, and there are some things in our day that we think we can handle on our own, only to find out we shouldn't have.  I need to take everything to the Lord and pray over it.  It's that simple.

(Thanks Secret Sister for the gorgeous place mat and coffee cup--whoever you are!?)

I have to get back to the sewing of the banner...a lot of hand-stitching of the beautiful border...but I wanted to leave this little excerpt with you for the day, that I got from reading in my devotional book (after reading 1st Peter...Sooo good!!).

And thanks Dear Hubby for the sweet rose!
The pure, simple, and steadfast spirit is not distracted by many labors, for she does them all for the honor of God. And since she enjoys inner peace, she seeks no selfish end in anything. What indeed, gives more trouble and affliction than uncontrolled desires of the heart?

A good and devout woman arranges in her mind the things she has to do, not according to the whims of selfish inclination but according to the dictates of right reason.  ~Thomas A'Kempis
(Personalized by me. :O)

  If any man serves..let him do it with the ability which God gives; that God, in all things, may be glorified, through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever.Amen. I Peter 4:11

ps. At first I posted this, to join Rayanne at A Lovely Thought's Tuesday Tea.  When I went to visit, it seems her tea linky party has been put on hold due to some difficult news she just received. Please keep my dear friend in your prayers and join her next week. If you'd like to leave a note to encourage her...visit her Tuesday Tea post today.


Happy Homemaking~

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin