Tuesday 1 June 2010

Spring is in the Air!....Marigolds and a Great Gardening Tip!


My very favorite flowers for planting outside are marigolds! Aren't these lovely? Rebekah and I will be planting them in pots soon to put on our deck. 

 

But we have a super neat trick we will be using this Friday to do it. It's not only frugal but 'green' too. Our pots will, of course, be getting a makeover! 

So check back Friday.  But...on to the gardening tip for today......



Laura, from All Good Gifts, has been having a great time in her garden which is doing very well. However she was having a hard time with the pests. She shared this great post on how to make homemade pesticide.  I'll let her tell you all about it.

Enjoy!  Donna

*************************************************
From Laura....All Good Gifts

What A Pest!!!
 I just love my vegetable garden...
Unfortunately, so do many other little critters...such as the deer, racoons, chickens, birds, and BUGS!

In the past, we have tried many things to keep our garden pest free...fences, scarecrows, sprinkling eggshells or hair trimmings or whatever the latest pesticide free trend was. Some things worked...others didn't.

Then I stumbled across a recipe in a magazine that has been such a blessing for me...not only for pests in my veggie garden...but also on flowers and shrubs.

The original recipe called for one onion, one clove of garlic, and one of the hottest peppers you can find. I have adapted this recipe...my new version is cheaper and easier to make! 

READ THE REST OF HER POST AND HER 'RECIPE' by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin