Sunday 15 May 2011

WIP's~ Fabric Wall Art Maria will Love!

DSC07253-3000

Are you having trouble coming up with inexpensive wall art? My friend, Maria of Colour Me Happy, was hosting a linky party about creative wall art for large spaces that doesn't cost a fortune. I was traveling at the time and noticed some fabric panels on the back of the wall and thought it should be pretty easy to do the same thing at home. It is!

Maria will love this room when I'm done with it! Maria's 'wall art' linky party last year really  inspired this project. She hassuch great ideas for decorating!Her posts about 'color blocking' were also  in my mind at the time I decided on this. 

DSC07237-3000

Yesterday, I wasn’t feeling too cheerful due to a little bit of unavoidable worry over Matthew, of course. But, I finally got the wooden frames built to hang my fabric wall art on. This has been several months in ‘the works’.

DSC07257-3000 
The whole project took about an hour and was just one of those ‘detours’ from getting ready that happens to us sidetracked types. I saw the boards on the bookshelf while cleaning..and well.. one thing led to another.LoL!

DSC07258-3000

To go with it, I clamped up some fabric I’ve been loving for a possible coordinating curtain topper. It seems to match pretty well. It’s already hemmed on one side. It was a scrap from a friend’s project.
 DSC07259-3000

I folded some scrap fabric around the ends of some of my office baskets too to see how they ‘looked’. 
Oh..I’m in love with this idea! It’s not done..I’m just playing around. But I have a feeling my office/sewing room is about to look super!

I can’t work on any more today. I want to get things all freshened up, buy groceries for the weekend, diapers, formula (and other fun Grandma things), and I’ve got to pick up an extra playpen. Then there’s baby toys and a high chair to retrieve.
DSC07188-3000

And (Oh Joy!) I also need to plant a hydrangea from my secret sister and I've found the perfect spot with plenty of shade right by the front porch….  Tracie's gonna love this flower--She's probably already heard of it. She has such gorgeous flowers in her garden. Check out her Cottage Flora Thursday linky party for more lovely flowers. Ahh...So much fun! 

So while I’d love to do the tutorial for the fabric wall art today, I’m afraid it will have to wait until next week. But at least some fun home makeover projects are ‘in the works’. :o) 

DSC07185-3000

What are you working on today? Any fun projects? You’re welcome to share them here. I’d love to see what you are up to. :o) 


I’m certain I’ll get a chance to visit this evening. I’m running errands early due to the big storms that are coming in later in the afternoon. Hate to run errands in the rain!  I’m Soooo looking forward to visiting everyone’s blogs this afternoon! 

I’ve missed you all! Thanks again a BUNCH for your kind notes!! You really blessed me more than I can say, and I know that Matthew will love the comments. I’m printing them all out and sending them to him. :o)

PS. I re-posted this as blogger was down for a couple of days. Sorry about that if you are a subscriber. :o)

You, my family, and my church family are just the best!!

Linking with Metamorphasis Monday at BTNOP

and  Raising Homemakers'  Homemaking Link Up
 
Signature 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin