Thursday 3 February 2011

Valentines and A Beautiful Tea Cup



Only recently, did I hear about the teacup swap that Faith, Hope and Cherrytea was holding on her blog. I thought I had missed the deadline, but she sent me an email and said, “If you want ‘in’..just fill out this form. I have someone who still needs a partner. “

So I said yes, of course! I sent in the form…got one from a new friend, Kim of Kim’s Collectibles and Treasures. Then we both went shopping using our notes and packaged our boxes super fast… And  ‘Voila'! By Tuesday, we both had our cups. Too bad I didn’t know my box was in the mailbox! She wanted me to have my cup by my birthday, but I thought it was still at the post office.


She showed photos of the tea cup I sent her on her blog too. :o) It’s such a lovely post. :o) I have six matching cups of this set...but now I'm wanting to have some of them be different. So a swap is the perfect solution! Now Kim and I can share tea via the internet..using a matching set.. How fun is that?!





I had mentioned that my birthday was on Wednesday and she wanted to make sure I got it in time. Is that not so sweet?!  I just could not quit ooh-ing and aaah-ing over this exquisite tea cup! And the sweet little embroidered hanky she sent with it.




As if that was not enough, she sent me a vintage valentine and a little handmade baby shoe as a valentine too. I just can’t wait to do a Tuesday Tea post with my new tea cup! Rebekah and I will have to have tea together on Monday..and I’ll take photos for Tuesday.





I’ve spent some time looking around Kim’s website…and she is just incredibly talented!! She sells some of the loveliest things in her ETSY shop. She is crazy about vintage things and Valentines.   She makes these little ‘shoe’ valentines and sells them.

If you love really romantic things..you sure need to stop by Kim’s blog.  She’s a fairly new blogger…and I know she’d appreciate a visit from you.  Pretty things like this are what I think of when I think of the ‘art’ of homemaking. With practice and a little creativity, you can make your home beautiful without buying everything straight from a store shelf. 


And if you’d like to see lots more beautiful tea cups and saucers, then drop by Faith, Hope, and Cherrytea’s blog to see her ‘teacup swap’ wall. That’s where I’m going to be linking this post today. We are all showing off our gifts from our swap partners. 

Do you have a favorite teacup and saucer?  I’d love to hear about it. :O)  If you’d like to show it off this weekend, just link up here. This is nothing ‘official’ and you can link to an old post if you have a photo already on your blog..no need to mention my blog. :o)  I’d just love to see your cup!

and Faith, Hope, and Cherrytea’s Teacup Swap

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin