Tuesday 28 September 2010

Sleep When the Baby Sleeps...Photos of a Sweet Baby Face


Yesterday, I had quite an eye-opening discovery. It really IS harder to care for babies than it is to manage teenagers. I followed that age old golden rule of 'mommy-hood' today because I HAD too! Remember? Sleep when the baby sleeps. This is especially important for Grandmas--We aren't getting any younger--eh?


 I love that my Aunt Joan comments whenever I post a 'grandbaby' post. :o) She is the Queen of Grandmas. She cares for her grandson, full-time, while his Mommy teaches school--FIVE DAYS a week! Now that's a dedicated Grandma!



I put in one small eight-hour day and I was truly AMAZED at the energy required. It certainly did bring back memories of my years with five little ones. Young mommyhood requires TONS of physical energy. (Good job Ebeth for hanging in there!)



Older mommyhood, on the other hand, requires ALL of your mental, spiritual, and emotional energy..all done with hours of prayer but it isn't quite as demanding physically. 



In fact, my heart is breaking as I write this. But it's not something I feel free to blog about. It has to do with one of my babies--not August's parents, of course. No one warns you that sometimes,   motherhood can include  a whole lot of pain and grief..and sometimes regret... and questions like.. "If only I had done more..been more..phoned more, ...prayed more."



 But even in the midst of my own doubts and fears..there is this tremendous joy...the gift of new babies and new life.  Each life, the life of my own sons and daughter..and daughters-in-law, and their children, is a special gift..one I want to celebrate today.


Pray that the Lord will watch over each one and lead them all home...to Him


I had a wonderful day playing with and caring for my sweet GrandBaby August and taking his picture. And I hope you've had a great day too.

Happy Homemaking!

PS. I think I've discovered the secret to good 'baby taking; photos...take a LOT of Photos--VERY fast!!! And at all different angles. Then pick the good ones and edit them...and crop..crop..crop! Finally, I think I'm getting the hang of this photography stuff!  I'm so glad I spent some time re-reading Shona's The Artistic Mother.Shannon Mucha has wonderful photos too at Art in the Every Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin