Friday 18 December 2009

Making Christmas Gifts for Friends and Family



One of my sisters-in-law, is a lawyer in Washington, D.C.  She's a very accomplished woman and I'm sure she's "on the go" a lot.  She didn't seem to be the type of person who cares for 'froo-froo'.  Her daughter, Jordan, is about eight and I wanted to make something they would like and that would work better than my typical 'tote bags' for traveling.

What I came up with was a set of fanny packs for both of them.  I knew Mary had worn one once when our families went to the zoo with all the kids and thought she might prefer this kind of bag.

You really need to check out Hobby-Lobby if you want some great items to embellish! They have the cutest bags already made and ready to decorate--aprons, purses, backpacks etc.  As soon as I can get these gifts in the mail, I'll show you how to make the yo-yos that I love so much.





I plan to post a tutorial for "Making Yo-Yo flowers for Embellishment" on my other blog Homemaking Made Easy, either tonight or tomorrow and then you can try it for yourself.  Be careful though...these are addicting!  The whole project doesn't take me more than an hour and a half..and that's for two bags.

Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin